Health & Nutrition
1. WHY IS NUTRITION IMPORTANT?
Nutrition is essential for not only health and wellbeing but also growth and development. Eating a well-balanced diet is an important contributor to weight management, improving health and preventing future illness.
Proper nutrition is important for our bodies to function optimally. It is important that nutrients in our body are available in sufficient amounts and in the right proportions. This is achieved through a well-balanced diet.
2. EFFECTIVE TIPS WHILE DIETING
- Cut back on sugars and starches
- Eat protein, fat and carbohydrates from fruit and vegetables
- Lift weights and
- Participate in HIIT training
3. TIPS FOR BETTER HEALTH
Sleep is of course crucial for the best results. It allows our body to unwind, hormones to function properly, and normal physiology.
Here’s how to maximise sleep:
- Commit to a regular sleep time and night routine
- Do some pre-bed journaling or meditation
- Supplement with magnesium
- Limit screen usage (phones / laptops / tv’s) 60 minutes before bed
- Turn off all man-made light in your room
- Water is necessary for fat removal from your body
- Hunger and thirst are signalled in the same pathway in the brain, therefore when you think you’re hungry, the chances are you’re just dehydrated.
- It is important to drink 2-3L of water EVERY DAY!
- Set up a system to track your water intake. – Can get big 800-1L bottles so you know you only have to refill them 3-4 times a day
4. HOW WE HELP YOU:
At Form Training we have just launched our FIT6 Transformation Challenge, (check out our blog for more info!) – We teach the importance of breakfast, structured workout snacks, prepped meals and guide you through calorie counting.
We teach portion control and lead you to a well-balanced diet filled with carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and essential vitamins and minerals.